Winter is Here aka Yuck

Winter is one of my most hated my most hated season.  I dread it like some people dread old age.  I realize it is part of nature and that nature needs this time of rest to rejuvenate for the spring.  I understand the reasoning behind it, but it does not mean I like it.  When I lived in South Carolina and there was nothing of what I considered winter to experience, I loved it.  Sitting on the beach...IN DECEMBER...AT NIGHT...IN A SWEATSHIRT...is amazing.  We don't get that in Ohio.  We don't get the edge of the ocean in Ohio either.
So now we will dream big of the days we can live in a warmer climate.  Of days when we can go for long walks in the middle of winter.  Or I guess I could just bundle up little man, and set out for an arctic adventure. Live in the here and now.  Even if I hate the here and now.


As my favorite blogger, Kelle Hampton, says, "Bloom where you are planted."  Clearly little man does not want to "bloom where he is planted."  He looks so angry in this picture.  Makes me laugh so hard.


We had our first snowfall that actually stuck this week.  It seemed to come out of now where.  We have had a wonderful November and December.  Plenty of days to take walks and enjoy life.  Then boom! January hits and snow.  It was not much but still.  Sin was falling from the sky.


Today with wind chill it was in the single digits.  So it was a hunker down and snuggle day.  My son agreed.  I like to think he had a look of fear on his face in this picture.  



When we did venture out we were bundled from head to toe.  Complete with hats, scarves, mittens, snuggly socks, sweaters and many layers.  By the way, do you realize how long it takes to get a little one prepared for the elements?  I was sweating by the end.  I felt like the mom on "A Christmas Story."  Sweating and frazzled when her son turns to her and says, "I can't put my arms down."  I am sure this is how my son felt.

These are my pics of the last two days.  January 3rd and I have kept my resolutions, so far.

Comments

  1. Love you, Hope! By the way, your little man is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow I leave him

Apple Picking in AZ...who knew?

lifeasaworkingmom