The Meet Cute

In movie terms, a "meet cute" is when two people meet for the first time that are destined to become buddies.  (It is also when two people meet who are destined to become romantically linked.  Since this post is about cousins, we will ignore that point.)  Little Man and his cousin "Sweetie" met for the first time this past week.  It was an adorable meet cute.  Little Man knew that they were destined to be buddies.  Look at the joy on his face.  I could not catch the smile on Sweetie's face.  For the rest of the week when Little Man saw Sweetie he loved it.  Well, except for the times in the car when Sweetie was screaming.  To be fair she did not appreciate it when he was screaming either.  They are fair weather fans right now.



Sweetie stole everyone's heart.  Main Man melts when he is around her.  She is one loved little girl.  I can't keep my hands off of her.  She is adorable and cute, rolled into one lovely gift from God.  It was weird to hold a baby that little again.  I couldn't figure out the hand placement.  It made me realize my baby isn't so much of a baby anymore.  I also was so thankful that my baby is out of the spit up and blow out stage.  Growing up is bitter sweet.

"Mom, I am holding onto her because I really think she is too young for a swing.  Have you seen this thing get going? Unsafe! "

"Say what?  You are telling me soon she will be my size.  No Way."

"Did you hear that, Sweetie?  You won't be a baby forever.  I know, I can't believe it either."

rough morning but love this kid
The shirt Little Man is wearing was how my sister told us she was pregnant.  Little Man got that shirt almost 10 months ago.  Now here we are.

"Already, I'm waiting on a woman to get ready."

Little Man:  "I have figured out that they take pictures of you if you are cute and smiling.  So just keep smiling."  Sweetie:  "What.  I am so cute I don't need to smile.  They still take pictures of me."

It was so much fun to see my baby with my sister's baby.  It was fun being a mom with my sister.  It was full of adventures.  Including phrases like, "Something is dripping down my leg, tell me it came from her mouth." and "No son, we don't try to scoop her eyes out of her head."  Both were said in non calm voices.  

"Touchdown."

"Oh I love you, little one."

Little hands



He loved to hold on to her.

Three generations.  Oh the love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow I leave him

Apple Picking in AZ...who knew?

lifeasaworkingmom