Tomorrow I leave him

When I sat down to write this blog, I was gonna write about the adventures Little Man and I had last week.  It was gonna be all up beat and fun.  I was gonna share all the fun we had.  However, I am just not feeling it.  

First pic of me and my son.
 You see I got the call.  "Mrs. Spear, my wife is in labor.  She will need you to fill in for her now."  "Ok, I'll be there Monday morning."

So much to think about.
 While I am excited about this going back to work idea, I am very sorry to leave Little Man.  I have had the great privilege to have 6 full months and a week to be a full time stay at home mom.   


First Bath
It has been wonderful and exhausting.  Lovely and inspiring.  Crazy and calm at the same time. 

First Car Ride

So tiny and small.

Oh the love.  One week old.

One Month Old
 Back in October, the school I will be working at called and asked me to cover a long term position in Kindergarten.  It would start in January and end in March.  My Main Man and I prayed about it and thought over it.  We felt like this would be great.  I would be able to keep my foot in the education world, I'd make a little money for our family, and it would only be 8 weeks.  

5 weeks old
 That was back in October.  Although I know this is the right choice for us right now, it is going to be so stinkin' hard to leave Little Man tomorrow.

6 weeks old
 To leave those little toes with someone I don't know to take care of my son.
 To leave those blue eyes who search for me when I am in the room.
2 months
 To leave those cheeks that spread into the biggest smile when I greet him at nap time.
Camping with Mom 3 months
 To leave that chin who reminds me so much of his daddy.
World Series 3 months

3 months in St. Louis

Thanksgiving 4 months
 To leave those hands who rip my hair out of my head in happiness 10 times a day.
Christmas 5 months
 To leave those chubby little arms which wrap around my neck when I pick him up
His Dedication
 To leave his curious personality which loves to explore the world.
6 months and 1 week 
To leave him is going to be as hard if not harder than I thought.
I know we can do it.
I hope I don't seem like an emotional wreck for the kindergartners tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Oh man! That must be so sad! At the same time, I hope you are able to enjoy some grown-up interaction (interspersed with all the extra kids) and enjoy once again pursuing your own interests. Hope the first day and week go well and you are able to make it through without crying too much. Btw, you mentioned leaving him with strangers - what are you doing for child care?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, Hope! May God flood you with strength and comfort! Is it a babysitter or day care?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck, Hope. Just remember, it's only a short time. Each day will get easier. Just think of the smiles that will be there to greet you when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope - the last picture is West waving and saying "It's OK, Mom - I got this." Love, Pawdy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Picking in AZ...who knew?

lifeasaworkingmom