Happiness

The older I get the more I value just enjoying my life the way it is.  When I was younger I would spend my free time dreaming of the day I met the man of my dreams.  I would dream of the life we would have.  In this life he and I would spend every second in love and live in perfect harmony.  We would travel together and see the world.  We would live in exotic locations and have many adventures.
All I need is football and my monkey pacifier to be happy.

I would dream of experiences I would have.  Now that I look back on that time, I realized I spent a lot of time living in the future.  I spent time working on writing my future, instead of enjoying my here and now.

Oh, I also need MorMor's finger.
Don't get me wrong, I love dreaming big dreams.  In fact, I bought my son a pair of pajamas that state, "Dream Big."  This is my life philosophy.  I want my son to dream big about his life.  I want him to have goals and dreams that seem bigger than life.  I have learned that with God those dreams can become reality.  However, recently I have learned to savor the here and now.

Daddy gives the best neck raspberries.
I could dream about the day my son will walk.  Or the night when he will sleep through the night and I can get 9 straight hours of sleep.  I could dream about the day he turns to my husband and I says, "I love you", which will be music to our ears.  There are so many things to dream about with children.  However, if I spend my life dreaming of my future I will miss the smiles of today.

I will miss my happiness of daily laughter.
It is terrible to laugh at your child's pain but, oh how this makes me smile.

This year I resolve to enjoy happiness, enjoy the here and now.  (I will still pray for 9 hours of sleep.)

I am also going to take at least a photo a day.  I am hoping this will help me blog more often.

Day 1:  My mom and my son, watching them brings me happiness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow I leave him

Apple Picking in AZ...who knew?

lifeasaworkingmom