Blessings from Heaven

The weather changed.  The sun came out.  The skies turned blue.  In days it went from single digit temps to 64 fabulous degrees.  I am not sure what this means for the rest of winter.  I am sure the other shoe will drop at some point and we will stop having NC weather in OH.  However, right now I will enjoy the many blessings from heaven.  

That is my fantabulous sky.  (Yes, sometimes I make up words more about that in another post.)

I am learning to be thankful for the blessings in my life.  I could have written this post earlier today and it would have been filled with a rant about a fight (stupid and my fault) with my hubby - how I worry about my son so much we have taken him to a neurosurgeon, pediatrician, and dermatologist in the first 5.5 months of his life - how the woman I am going to be subbing for seems to be convinced she is going into labor 2 weeks early and therefore cutting short the time I have with my son.  Instead, I am going to focus on the blessings.  Why waste the possible last few days before I go back to work upset?  (This is growth for me, people.  I think in my heart I am a stewer.  Or as the crazy chic on Bachelor said, "My blog is the over analyst, cuz' that is what I am.")

On to the blessings


My son's personality is starting to show.  He loves his parents so much.  He loves going for walks.  Today he gripped the side of the stroller.  I would like to think he was saying, "Alright guys, I am so thrilled and ready for this adventure!  Where are you taking me?"  However, he was on gravel at the time so he was probably saying, "Seriously guys, 2 Bachelors degrees, 2 Masters degrees and you register for a stroller that can't off road it.  I saw that jogging stroller that cute girl had.  I bet she wasn't getting rattled back and forth like me."  




I am thankful that there are signs of spring.  These signs of spring are mixed with post holiday decorations.  So they are still very festive.  Which brings me much joy.  The festivities are not forgotten and growth is on the horizon.  Oh and did you notice the sun reflecting off the jingle bell.  The sun is here.


The above I like to call the Money Shot.  It is hard to catch but when you do it is worth a million dollars.  Which is good cuz' as a stay at home mom you have to find money in unusual ways.  Can I get an Amen?  I am also so thankful for hydro-cortisone cream.  Earlier this week my son's face, arms, body, and head were covered in eczema.  Two treatments and gone is the rash.  Thank you, Jesus.



This picture does not represent anything I am thankful for.  I just thought it was fun and cheesy at the same time.  Who paints this on the side of their garage?  Someone did in 2005.



Can you imagine how much fun this is going to be in a year.  A train to go and climb on with Little Man.  Oh, the joy that escaped me when we rounded the corner and found this. I exclaimed, "Babe, it is a train.  Look at it."  Chad did not grasp my amazement.


Finally, I am thankful for one happy kid, one supportive husband and a very messy house.  One day I will have a clean house.  Today is not that day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow I leave him

Apple Picking in AZ...who knew?

lifeasaworkingmom