Clean House (Savor it While it Lasts)

My Main Man has been home Friday, Saturday, Sunday and wait for it...will be home Monday too.  It is shocking.  This is the first time we have had uninterrupted time at home without; going to see some friends somewhere else (we have wondering souls, always going somewhere, more on that in a later post), have plans to have people over, big plans in the making, grandparents coming in to town or a list of things to get done.  However, we were less than still.  My Main Man and I have accomplished much with Little Man.

Little Man's reaction to his first taste of bananas.   

First, we gave Little Man his first taste of solid food on Friday.  It was on a whim.  Hey, we have bananas.  Hey, he seems hungry.  You wanna try.  Sure.  

Little man was so thrilled to be able to have a spoon in his mouth.  However, when he realized there was food on it, he was no longer as thrilled.  His reaction went a little like this, "Ack, cough, clearing of throat, cough, ack."  Then a shaking of his head like he had tasted something awful.  Every time we tried we got the same reaction.  It was pitiful and entertaining all at the same time.


We have also been sleep training the adorable Little Man above.  It has taken us a while to decide on which method to use.  Co-sleeping is not for us.  We are heavy sleepers.  We toss and turn a lot.  Once I woke up to My Main Man laying on my arm neither of us having any idea that my arm was falling asleep and being squished to death.  Not a safe situation for a baby.  The Cry-it-out method is not for us.  We can't handle hearing him cry.  I have turned into a totally softy since the birth of my son.  I have to steel myself when he whimpers, crying for full minutes without holding him is not something My Main Man or I are capable of doing.  

So we found the Baby Whisperer method.  This is working for us so far.  He doesn't cry forever without comfort and we don't loose our bed to him.  This sleep training is the reason for us not doing anything else this weekend.  Or should I say have any other plans.


I do believe this is my new favorite picture of me and my son.
 We have played.
He has learned to kick over the play mat arches.  And finds it funny and scary at the same time.  


The biggest thing we have done this weekend is clean.  All over the house.  Below are pictures of our clean house.  Now to some people who are closer to Monica on Friends, this may not look clean.  However, for people like me this is such a wonderful treat.  To be clear we don't live in filth we just have a really hard time picking up after our selves.  We are not like the girl that Ross dates in that one episode where she can't find her hamster because her house is such a mess.


 After:  All the books are on the shelf, they have not been pulled off the shelf, the board books are in one place the paper books are in another.  No they are not organized by height, or color or interests like some of my friends would do.  But they are all in their place.


After:  No little socks waiting for a home, surface of dressers dusted, a place for everything and everything in it's place.  My Favorite part of my sons room is that tree.


After:  Do you see that? A reflection off the shiny surface of the dresser.  Oh how I savor the view.  

Also, done in my house, my bed is made, the guest bed is made, the clothes are all put away, the laundry is folded and away, the floors are vacuumed.  While I know this will not last, I will savor while it is here.

I feel so satisfied and and proud of our accomplishments this weekend.  



Comments

  1. Hey Hope! I enjoyed reading your blog! That is one cute kid you have there! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow I leave him

Apple Picking in AZ...who knew?

lifeasaworkingmom