Apple Picking in AZ...who knew?


 Guest Blogger: Little Man

I realize that I am the star of this blog, but since mom has been feeling a bit under the weather lately (I hear she is growing a baby...whatever that means), I thought I'd take a chance to help her out and update you on our wonderful day.  Today was a day I think mom and dad had just as much fun as I did.  This is rare.  I mean they really don't seem to get the wonder that is life.  I mean we have a whole bunch of rocks in our yard, and they are perfect to stick in your cheeks.  This is a blast.  Whenever I do this, instead of joining me, mom starts yelling, "No No No.  Get those rocks out of your mouth."  I really think if she tried it she'd have as much fun as me.

Today though they joined me in my fun and only stopped the fun once.  I'll get to that part.

First they made me take my morning nap in the car.  They drove and drove and talked and talked up front.  It was boring me so I took a nap.  Then we get to this place with lots of trees, like back in Ohio.  Then things got weird.   


Mom and Dad put me in this thing they called a wagon with this massive bucket.  I was not sure what to do.  


Did they want me to get in the bucket?  I tried but mom told me the bucket was for pears and apples.  This is when I got excited.  I like both of those.  However, I was very confused because we weren't at the store.  So I had no idea where the pears and apples were gonna come from.


I figured I stick with excited and go with the flow.  Who knew I'd have so much fun.


Still I was thoughtful about a whole bucket of pears and apples.


Then Dad started to pull this wagon thing.  Oh my.  It was like being in a stroller or a car without having to have those stupid straps to hold you down.  When Dad went fast I would practically tip over.  I did figure out that if I bent forward I would stop myself from tipping over.  At first I thought today was just going to be a wagon ride.  BUT NO.  The day got even better.


Dad took me down rows of trees that had pears growing on them.  Not just any pears.  ASIAN PEARS.  The trees were loaded with them.  The ground was filled to overflowing with lots of colorful rocks.  When I tried to get out to eat them, I got put back in.  Then the best thing happened ever.



Mom reminded Dad that we could sample the pears to see if we liked them.  (I figured out this means, Eat the pear like a crazy person so they can't take the pear back from you.)  So Mom and Dad picked a pear.  Declared it good.  Then gave it to me to eat as much of it as I could.  So I helped them out.  


I ate.



And Ate...



And Ate...


And Ate..


I wanted that one but Mom said it was icky.


I could not believe all the pears.  I don't know if you know this but, pears straight from the tree are way better than the ones from the store.  I showed that pear how much I loved it.


Best thing ever.


Then I thought I'd be helpful and try eating some of the ones from the bucket.  I had to make sure they were safe for Mom and Dad.  This is when Mom and Dad ruined my fun.  No eating out of the bucket.  Only the ones in your hand.  I guess I could live with that.  Though I did not love the idea.


I thought we were done.



But No.  Then came the apples.  Apples grow on trees too.  Who knew?



These things are like juicy goodness in my mouth.  I could not get enough.  At one point I had a pear, a red apple and a green apple in my hand.  They were all great.  Great.





Mom wanted to take pictures with me.  I found this a little rude.  I had two apples and a pear to eat and she feels it is what she calls, "A Kodak Moment."  So we made a deal.  If I got to hold my apple I'd take a picture with her.  She agreed.  She seemed so proud of me for loving apples.


Don't tell them.  But I love Mom and Dad more than apples or pears but not much more.



I could not believe how different the land looks here than at home in Tucson or in Ohio.  Weird Weird World we live in.


I had a great day.  

Daddy even weighed me.  I weigh 26 lbs now.  Mom said a pound of me was apples and pears.


Time to head back to the car.







Oh this is Texas Canyon.  We drove through it on the way home.  At least that is what Mom and Dad told me, I was napping again.  It is hard work to pick apples and pears.

  Ok, off to get my bat and beat it on the metal trash can. It makes the best noises.  I can get about 3 good whacks in before Mom stops my fun again.    She and I are gonna have to come to a compromise on that trash can because boy do I love it.











Comments

  1. How fun! You're gonna love Buckalew Farm for pumpkins...tire swings, petting zoo, chickens just running around the family farm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and tell your mom that she took some awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow I leave him

lifeasaworkingmom