Catching Up

Since there has been so much change in our lives, I am more than a little behind in blogging.  Also, the last month of our residency as midwesterners was spent saying good bye to some pretty amazing friends.  So some things were just to hard to blog about.  This day was one of them.  

One of the great things about moving so many times, is that I have wonderful amazing friends all over the country.  They are stretched from coast to coast.  We can travel across country and have lots of wonderful free places to stay on vacation.  They have a free place to stay if they want to visit us.  

One of the terrible things about moving so many times, is that I have wonderful amazing friends all over the country   They are stretched from coast to coast.  In order to see my best friends I have to travel across country to see them.  None of my best friends live in the same city except two.  I don't get to call up my best girlfriends and say meet me at Starbucks after the kids are in bed, I need to laugh.  My best relationships are developed over the phone.








This day however, was like Christmas and my birthday and my wedding all put together.  My best friend from college and one of my two best friends from NC and my mom were all in the same city at once.  This has never happened.  When I was driving there with my NC friend I said to her, "This day is full of love.  Three of the people I love the most all in the same place."  Which is how I felt.  It was so wonderful to share different circles of my life with these three women.






We just spent time together.  And listened to laughter and joy.  It was precious.






One of the best parts was we were pushing the kids to hard.  They needed to go home but we knew this was one of the last times to see each other so we ignored it.  We are walking around the museum and one of the boys says, "I don't want to look at pretty things.  I want to go home."  Typical man.  That sweet boy probably had some sort of game to catch or needed to check scores on ESPN or something like that.





Moments to treasure.  A day I will treasure away in my heart forever.







It was a perfectly wonderful day.  Exactly what my heart needed.

I love you ladies.


P.S.  The shots of the boys are the best of 20 shots we took.  See they were over the day of love.  Everyone ready to go home, but the adults.  Little Man fell asleep the moment I put him in his car seat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow I leave him

Apple Picking in AZ...who knew?

lifeasaworkingmom