to the confusion of your momma

Dear Kiddos,
Your Daddy has this phrase that he uses a lot with you guys, "To the confusion of our babies!"  He uses this most often when you guys are crying and we don't know why.  He typically blows in your faces which stops you from crying.  Daddy then shouts, "To the confusion of our babies!"  

This leads to my confusion.  If I was crying and someone blew in my face I'd be ticked.  TICKED!  I am already upset I don't need some hot breath adding to the problem.  However, it never seems to make either of you angry.  You just stop crying and are confused.    



Most days I feel like you live your life shouting "To the confusion of our Momma".  I can't figure out either one of you.  You both are opinionated and like things the way you like things.  However, I can't figure out why you like things like you like things.



Little Man, recently you have decided you love apples.  I think the love happened when we went apple picking.  One day you took a whole apple out of my hand and ate the whole thing.  Seeds, stem, skin,  all of it.  ALL OF IT.  I was feeding Sweet Girl and came back and said, "Sweet boy, where is the apple?"  You pointed to your belly.  

The next day you asked for an apple.  I cut up an apple for you to eat, handed you the slices.  You turned to me and said, "No. Apple, pease."  I tried to convince you that was an apple.  You weren't buying it.  I had to give you a whole apple.  You then proceeded to eat the whole dang thing again.  SEEDS, STEM, SKIN, ALL OF IT.  I can't figure it out.  Who wants to eat the stem or the seeds?  This is your new method of eating apples.  When I try to stop you from eating the whole thing, you shout, "NO. Pease!  Pease apple.  Pease"  TO THE CONFUSION OF YOUR MOMMA





Sweet Girl, you are the same way.  You confuse your mother.  In fact sometimes you confuse me so much I want to shout, "Holy Butt Bongos!"  You love your brother.  You love him lots and lots.  You think he is incredible.  Which he is.  He is really great.  So I get this part. What I don't get is when you find him funny.


This is how you look at your brother.  Such love.

Recently, your brother has taken to head butting things.  He head butts the couch, balls, trains, momma's face, pillows, and any toy big enough to be head butted.  You find the whole head butting thing hilarious.  You giggle or coo every time he head butts anything.  However, your favorite thing for him to head but is you.  You lay on the floor on your back and he comes over and head butts your belly.  You squeal with laughter.  The harder he hits you the louder and longer you laugh.  When I try to stop this ordeal for fear of internal injuries and you learning that it is ok for a man to hurt a woman, both you and your brother cry and cry.  The crying only stops if I let the head butting game continue.  TO THE CONFUSION OF YOUR MOMMA!

Here is what I do know, you are both happy, healthy, and love to laugh.  So for the time being I'll let Little Man eat apples the way he wants...once in a while.  I will not allow the head butting game to continue.  I also know that I'll spend my days confused by you to for as long as God allows me to stay home with both of you.  Which I hope is forever!  I love you so much.

Love,
Your momma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow I leave him

Apple Picking in AZ...who knew?

lifeasaworkingmom