My Sweet Girl

Originally written August 23, 2013

Dear Sweet Girl,

I need to apologize.

I have been holding a grudge.

See you smile, giggle and even laugh for your brother and your daddy.

Me I get smiles if I am lucky.

I have been a little bitter.

I mean I have been your life source for over a year now.  Without me you'd be dead.

I am not getting laughs.  My feelings were pretty hurt.

Today you even giggled for a stranger.

I thought this is it.  This is gonna be the beginning of a wedge between us.

Then magic happened.  Tonight you were fussing in your crib, I went in your room in the dark and picked you up.

Upon my touch you IMMEDIATELY fell asleep in my hands.

I mean out cold, limp arms and legs.

And I got it.  I am Momma.

I don't entertain you.

I am your healer and protector.

You have a problem, I fix them everyday, all day.

You are hungry, I fix that.

You need to be held, I fix that.

You are tired, I fix that.

You have a dirty diaper, I fix that.

I give you security.

Little girl, I will take this role over entertainer any day of your life.

I will happily be the one you come to with your problems.

I will try to help you fix many things over the years.

And I hope that my modeling healer and protector will point you to Jesus.

And one day I hope you learn that He can heal and protect way better than your Momma ever could.

I love you so so much.

I am sorry for being bitter and petty.

Love,
Momma

P.S.  I wrote this over a month ago and "Holy Butt Bongos!" do you laugh for me now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow I leave him

Apple Picking in AZ...who knew?

lifeasaworkingmom