Travels

We are a traveling family.  Always on the move.  Always off to see someone or something.  To really experience life.  I find this interesting since both my husband and I lived in the same town our entire childhood.  Our first real move was when we left for college (different colleges, totally different hometowns).  Although our families took us on vacations every year as a kid, I don't think they took us on as many trips as we take.
Look I actually got to be in a few pics this weekend.

Since Little Man has been alive he has been to NC (twice), Missouri (twice), Chicago, Maryland, Kentucky (Louisville and Vanceburg(4 times at least)) Camping in Ohio, Drove through TN, and now Pittsburgh.  Our plans as of today is that in April he will go to Indianpolis, May he will go to Tucson, AZ, June he will go to Montana.  We are a traveling family.

This weekend was Pittsburgh.  It was my first time there.  If you have never been there it is truly awe inspiring.  We entered from a tunnel.  And all you see before the tunnel is mountains, mountains, mountains.  Then tunnel tunnel tunnel.  Then boom amazing city.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI4NoeD7SsA  I found this video of the experience on youtube.  My reactions was excatly this, "Wow.  I could live here.  Never mind it gets cold here."  


Pittsburgh did not disappoint.  It was everything the awe inspiring view inferred.  It was wonderful.  From it's perfectly placed parks with child friendly sculptures.  Art is meant to be experienced, right.  To it's perfect 80 degree weather in March.  I mean who does not like that.  Luck of the Irish for sure.   To it's amazing architecture.  The city is so inspiring. 
His shirt says, "Mine's a Pint."  In the back ground it says, "Milk milk milk milk. Drink Milk Sensibly"  Love it.

"Son, when you crawl you are suppose to stay on your knees."

I think that is what I love about traveling.  It is much like driving into Pittsburgh.  Tunnel Tunnel Tunnel Tunnel then boom you find a little gem meant to be explored and experienced.
"I like my belly crawling better, Dad."

I love how my husband and his mom just love to talk about life.  They say you can tell how a man will treat his wife by the way he treats his mom.  I say that is true.  I got so blessed.
 Some days with travel you get boring tunnels.  We think well we wasted our gas today.  Then right when you least expect it you pop out of your tunnel and find a gem.  Like the time we wanted to go on a rustic camping trip and booked a campsite from a website.  Then got there and found that the camp ground was really a RV retirement community.  Some may think that was a tunnel but it was a gem of a memory.  There we were in our tent while everyone else is in RV's.  It was so hysterical.  

My son is not loved by his Nana at all.  Can you tell?  (Sense the sarcasm)

At peace

A rooftop garden.  Yep, Ptitsburgh delivers again.

First time grass has been dry enough for him to sit on.  So this was his first time touching grass.
 Even though Pittsburgh was amazing, the best part of the trip, by far, was family.  We spent the weekend with Nana and Pawdy (Main Man's parents), and Main Man's Aunt and Uncle.  I have no clever name for them.  I will have to come up with some.  We love these four people a ton.  

Little man's first experience with March Madness.  Crazy Man Bonding.

Sometimes with travel it is fun to do it just us.  This trip was best with family.  I guess life is like this too.  Some parts of life are best alone while others are best with family and friends.  
Nope I am not loved at all.

Not loved one little bit.


This is where we had brunch this morning.  Amazing.



Preparing to ride the incline.

View from the top.



3 generations of men.


Riding back down the mountain.


Next weekend we are staying put, maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow I leave him

Apple Picking in AZ...who knew?

lifeasaworkingmom