lifeasaworkingmom

As I make the transition from full time stay at home mom to "full-time" working mom/"full-time" mom.  Life changes.  I find I spend the majority of my day preparing for the next day.  I drop my son off at day care at 6:40.  I head to work.  Work.  Work.  Pump so my son has food for the next day.  Work. Work. Work.  (Between the time of work I laugh (inside) at all the funny things that kindergarteners say.)  Pick Little Man up from day care (best part of the day).  Go home.  Clean bottles. Clean pump.  Make new bottles.  Fill bags with new diapers for Little Man tomorrow.  Make dinner.  (I won't say clean up dinner since Main Man does this.) Give Little Man a bath.  Put him to bed.  Climb into bed exhausted.  Then start all over again.
Oh friends.  A wonderful trip to NC.
Even though I love the school I am working at, I don't know how some women do this all the time.

I imagine it would be easier if I was not having to pump and take of all the bottles.

Oh, Julianne, I love you.  When will I get to be as big as you?
 I love listening to the kinders silly stories.

i.e.  The day a little boy no longer had satellite TV.  He now had cable.  He comes into class as amazed as can be that TV can come from a CORD from the GROUND.  "Have you ever heard of such a thing?" He says to me.

The three present additions to our twenty something group.  When our small group started there were no kids.  Now there are 4.  Boy how Life Changes.
 I love the camaraderie of being around other educators.  I actually found the staff meeting I had to attend thoroughly interesting.  I am such a geeky educator.


I look like I am so unhappy, however, it is just because my mom said I can't crawl on top of you anymore.  She says it is rude.

There is nothing like when I pick Little Man up from day care.  The smile.  The wiggles.  The full energy crawls.  The excitement.  The hugs.  The kisses.  (Yes, he gives Main Man and I hugs and kisses when we pick him up from day care.  Oh melt my heart.)


"What, you mean to tell me all of the things that are right at my eye level are not for me?  Why would you put it at my level then?"
 However, the day I picked Little man up from day care and they said, "Wow.  We are amazed at his army crawls."  I was crushed.  He wasn't doing this at home.  I was missing out.  How could he do this with out me.  He and I had a talk about the whole waiting to crawl until momma was done with work.  I guess he forgot this little conversation.
Oh mom, there you are.  Don't worry I am coming.

Here I am.  Did I get close enough?  I even threw my toy to the side.
 Then I get home and Little Man crawls.  All over.  From living room to kitchen.  Chases cat around.  I learn that as a working out of the house mom, to savor the weekends, the little moments, the time you have and pack in the memories.  For they are fleeting.

I really think I won't be scared at this movie.  I am sure I will love it.

My eyes are still so blue after 7 months.  I am gonna be a heart breaker.

Relaxing during my walk around the mall.
 I cram lots into the weekends.  Walking at the crack of down in the mall, playing, loving, shopping,cooking, eating, savoring.  Love it all.
Teach him young to enjoy literature, when he is old he will not depart from it.
 We love our weekends.

Waiting for Nana and Pawdy to get back from Mexico.

The Tri hawk.  (Instead of Mohawk.)


Money shot.


P.S.  I have not kept up with the taking a picture a day thing.

And finally my newest favorite picture of my life.
My loves: Main Man, Little Man, and NC.

Comments

  1. Thanks, Hope! Love, Dad XOWXOWXOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love him. So so cute. Thankful this full time work thing is only a short season for you. It crushed me to hear when they did something new while I was at work too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow I leave him

Apple Picking in AZ...who knew?